Aid workers say at least 15 people have been killed in north Yemen after an airstrike hit a camp for internally displaced people.
The humanitarian agency, Doctors Without Borders (MSF), said on Monday that the Al-Mazraq camp in the northwestern Hajjah province was bombed.
“It was an air strike,” Pablo Marco, the manager of the MSF programme in the Middle East said, adding that it was likely that “more dead are at Al-Mazrak camp”.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also said the camp had been hit.
The MSF official said 500 new families had arrived at the camp over the past two days.
The camp has since 2009 been housing Yemenis displaced by the conflict between northern Houthi rebels and the central government.
Al Jazeera’s Hashem Ahelbarra, who has reported extensively from Yemen, said thousands of people live at camps for displaced persons after being forced from their homes.
A Saudi-led coalition has been bombing Houthi fighters, who control the capital Sanaa and are trying to advance to the south.
Source: Al Jazeera and agencies